The Domestication of Cynthia



0 comments
 


Hello everyone, how was your Australia Day? I spent mine chasing after little kids at Darling Harbour. Oh wait, I should probably rephrase that sentence.


Yes, in fact I did run around Darling Harbour trying to chase down little kids but that was only because I was babysitting. My neighbours. For free. In all honesty though, someone should have paid me. Babysitting is HARD. Especially when you're at the city on Australia Day with about 20 million other families gathered around the park area. You try to keep an eye on three and a half hyped-up kids when there are fifty-thousand other ones running all over the place. I'm starting to see why some parents like to put their toddlers on leashes.


 
We had sushi for lunch and my sister and I had to deal with our little neighbours constantly running up to us to tell us they've finished eating. Awesome dude. Now go back to your seat and stay there. And please try not to yell across the restaurant to tell me that you just ate an egg.
 
We also took them to Galaxy World and wasted 10 bucks on games. I use the word "wasted" because we only got about 15 tickets out of it. They wouldn't stop fighting over basketballs or trying to bash another person's crocodile so it was all a bit of a blur. It also looked like a fight was going to break out when it came to choosing prizes but my sister knew the girl who worked there and she ended up giving us an extra prize. Crisis averted! Huzzah!
 
Bathroom break time! And I almost had to physically restrain two of my charges from running into the girl's toilet. They found it funny that I freaked out everytime they dashed in there.
 
 
Then there were lasers, giant ships and fireworks. Ahh, fireworks. Best part of the day/night because no one tried to get up from the mat to do a runner. 15 minutes of awed silence. Couldn't have asked for more.
 
So there you have it - babysitting at the city. Stage 1 of domesticating Cynthia has been complete. Next thing you know, I'll be cooking dinner in the kitchen and balancing a kid on my hip. Past Cynthia would be having an apoplexy right about now. I used to say I wanted nothing to do with kids or teaching because KIDS ARE OBVIOUSLY EVIL INCARNATE JUST WAITING FOR THE CHANCE TO STAB YOU IN YOUR SLEEP OR SOMETHING. Now look at me. I just spent Australia Day babysitting  and I've got 7-8 tutor lessons lined up for this week. Awesome.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post