Back to Civilisation!



0 comments
And by civilisation, I mean a world where your life doesn't flash before your eyes everytime you try to cross the road. Jokes. I've gotten quite good at it actually. The trick is to walk slowly and to remember that motorbikes are more important than people. Road rules in Vietnam?


Seeing as how I just spent about 12-13 hours on a plane (we had to transfer planes in Taiwan), I really don't want to do a vacation wrap-up right now. There isn't much to say to be honest. We spent the last few days in Ho Chi Minh city just shopping, walking around and eating ice cream. On the last night, the parents went out to eat so my sister and I ordered room service and watched Step Up 3 and Real Steel while pigging out on hotel food. Seriously. This trip has turned me into such a fatty boomsticks.

Before I go, I just want to point out how bad Australian Airport Security is. Okay, that's a lie. It's actually one of the most meticulous and thorough systems there are. So thorough in fact that it is a pain in the ass. They asked us tons of questions before they even let us past the first barrier and geezus, don't even get me started on Customs. To be fair, we are Asian. And after watching so many episodes of Border Security, it's a well known fact that it's always the Asians who try to smuggle in the dodgy foodstuffs. Entertaining on TV but so bloody frustrating in real life.

So yeah, that's about it. I would like to spend some time hanging out with the group before having to start working again next week but seeing as how Tian and Nancy are in Queensland and Juliana is somewhere in America driving on the wrong side of the road and photographing fire-hydrants (or not - that may just be me), that might not be possible. I really want to see Les Mis though. Anyone? Anyone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post