Bella Ferraro's "Set Me On Fire"



2 comments
Bella Ferraro's "new" song. Well I guess it isn't really that new since it was posted on Jan 10th but this is the first time I've heard it. Too busy getting my wanderlust quashed in Ho Chi Minh city and all that. Ha. Just kidding. They did have nice food there, even if my appetite was somehow dampened by the presence of slimy lizards clinging onto the walls of their restaurants. 




I love the song. It lets her voice do that amazing thing that it does. I also love that the producers didn't try to change her style too much. She tried her best during X-Factor but the show's attempts to craft her into something that she wasn't made her seem so manufactured each week. It got to the point where even the judges and audience felt uncomfortable for her. And those bloody song choices. Nat Bass, I hate you with the intense passion of a thousand Bieber fans. Please glue your lips together and never try to give constructive criticism ever again.

So yeah, the song is awesome sauce with chocolate sprinkles scattered on top. Not quite sure about the dress with the giant V in the back, the hair roots or the I-just-got-punched-in-the-eye makeup either. None of that's her fault though. The Australian music industry has always been a bit hit or miss in the quality of their music videos. (Delta Goodrem, I'm talking to you). As a whole, I quite like it. It could've been a lot worse. It also deserves way more than 74k views and I hope it gets promoted a lot more in the upcoming weeks.

Change of topic - can everyone please wake up now so I can ask you if you want to go watch Les Mis tonight? I need me some Hugh Jacksman and seriously dudes, y'all must try to break this habit of sleeping till 2pm every day. Kthxbai.

2 comments:

Cecilia at: January 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM said...

Holy cow this song is actually so beautiful. And lol I like it how they filmed it literally in a place that's had a bushfire. I SEE WHAT THEY DID THUR.

Cynthia at: January 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM said...

Agreed!! It's such a simple but pretty song. And yeah, the setting suits the title HAHAHA.

Post a Comment

newer post older post