Defeated by Beliebers



2 comments
 

 
An oldie but a goodie. (I've probably posted this on my old blog before.) I still remember the time in high school when the really obnoxious music teacher told us to analyze a song and send him a link to it. He failed to specify what type of language it needed to be in... so I sent in this one - just to see what type of reaction I'd get. Sadly I failed to ruffle his feathers and all I got was a tick and a 'good job'. Maybe it was because he had bigger fish to fry. And by bigger fish, I'm talking about Bonnie. She'd sent in Rebecca Black's Friday and received an ear-blistering lecture for her efforts. It was quite funny.
 
 

In the space of an hour, my schedule has gone from being as empty as the inside of Bieber's head to chock full of really random events. After two weeks of inactivity (mostly consisting of me camping out in my living room with the TV and computer to keep me company), my introverted self isn't coping so well with all this excitement. I'm being forced to come out of hibernation and it's such a shock to my system. It might not be such a bad thing though. Something tells me I was well on my way to developing agoraphobia.

The things I've got lined up in the following days are:

  • A shopping expedition with Nancy to buy 1920s costumes (where dafuq do we find these?)
  • Hanging out with Othilia at the city
  • End of semester party
  • M's sleepover
  • T's birthday party at Lidcombe
  • My dad's birthday celebration
  • tutortutortutortutortutortutortutortutortutortutor
  • Plus heaps of other stuff which I don't even want to think about
I tried to buy Justin Bieber tickets yesterday for my sister and her friends (which speaks volumes of the type of brilliant sister that I am). I had 3 laptops fully charged and lined up, ready to go. I was going to get in there, grab the tickets and leave. Unfortunately, I underestimated the fanatic lunacy that is the Bieber fandom.

The moment the clock struck 10, it was like I was hit by an overpowering wave of desperation emanating from the computer screen. You could feel it just by looking at the ticketek refreshing screen and counting down the many times the server wouldn't let you back in because an over-eager tween had beaten you to the punch. I was reminded of the start of the Hunger Games, when all the competitors are standing in the middle of the arena, getting ready to tear each other's heads off. Only, instead of a giant cornucopia, there was an enormous, half naked bronze statue of Beebs. Ugh. *shivers*

Beliebers: 1, Cynthia: 0


2 comments:

Cecilia at: June 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM said...

Next time you want to buy tickets from ticketek, do it on the mobile website on the computer. No lag what so ever. I managed to get One Direction tickets this way :-)

Cynthia at: June 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM said...

Thanks for the tip CC! That would definitely come in handy in the future.

Post a Comment

newer post older post