Stop, Revive, Survive



2 comments

 
I don't know how it happened but this has become my go to song for those moments where I've had a mini existential crisis. Even if you're not feeling stressed or particularly unhappy about anything, you should  just stop whatever it is that you're doing right at this moment and click the play button. You'll thank me later :)
 
I recently got my second assignment for journalism. This is the one where we get assigned a suburb to write a news article about. A lot of people in the course were assigned suburbs like Fairfield, Bankstown, Strathfield, Manly, etc. Not me though. Oh no, let's make this as hard as possible for Cynthia, shall we? Let's give her Kiama!


 
I don't know what I've ever done to anyone to have deserved this but it must have been something real terrible. It's almost as if there's someone up there going, "Cynthia seems to be having it tough these last few weeks.... What else could we do to fuck up her life even more?"
 
I've been to Kiama before. I went for a family vacation back when I was 6 or 7 years old. Lovely place - don't get me wrong. I just don't know what's out there for me to write about. If it was somewhere relatively close, like Parramatta for example, a few trips there and back wouldn't be such a big deal. But this isn't Parramatta. This is Kiama. I would probably only be able to afford one trip. One trip to find two potential news stories. One trip to get all my interviews, sources and their contact details.
 
So yeah, roadtrip anyone?

2 comments:

Fiona at: April 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM said...

It's a pretty cheap train ride (about $8 for student) that goes for about 2 and a half hours. I went there after the HSC but if you don't have a car, it can be a pain to get around in Kiama.

Cynthia at: April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM said...

Thanks for the tip :) Yeah, I really regret not trying harder for my P's right now...

Post a Comment

newer post older post