Celia Pavey from The Voice



0 comments
I'm happy that The Voice Australia is back on. If I wasn't drowning in work, I would be watching the heck out of that show right now. Last year, it was literally the only thing worth watching on Australian TV. This year... well who needs TV when you've got YouTube? LOL.

Aaaaaaand this is another thing to add to my "why Cynthia is incompatible with journalism" list. It seems like everyone else in the course (but me) spends their weeknights watching A Current Affair, ABC News, Q & A, 60 Minutes, SBS World News, Dateline. I seriously need to up my game if I'm going to continue in this field.

But yes - back to The Voice. I didn't get to watch the last few episodes but I did stream some parts of them online. I saw Celia Pavey's audition in which she did a rendition of Scarborough Fair (Othilia, Tian, remember this song??). It was fantastic and awesome and I swear there were angels flying out of my laptop. Afterwards, I youtubed her and it came up with this:





And yes, that cover is fantastic and glorious and you should watch it too to witness the flying angels that appear everytime she hits those high notes.

One complaint though - I really wish she hadn't picked Delta. Delta is a great singer but when it comes to song choices, she's like the Nat Bassingthwaite of the show. I can't see her giving Celia songs like the one above - songs that are unexpected but at the same time, can do so much for her voice. I just... urgh! (She should've picked Joel).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post