Buffy!



0 comments

 
I still really like Demi Lovato songs...

(Source)
 
I would like to have a real camera one day - one that would let me make take spectacularly cheesy photos and post them up on my blog. I've been saving up for one. At the same time, I'm also saving up for my one year self-exile to China in 2016 - which will empty my bank account of about $25,000 - so that might take a while. In the meantime, y'all can have photos from my phone. Please excuse the quality.
 
 
Friday morning at the train station. It was a foggy day
 
 
 

Dad being taught how to dance properly LOL. 

 
My uni has TARDISES! Okay, they're really just voice recording booths but they do have the same shape. It's not bigger on the inside but I can attest to the fact that it's definitely hotter and smaller. So I guess it's a reverse TARDIS? Anyhow, my group finally finished our radio recording piece and you all have to listen to it one day! You'll laugh at how ridiculous it is. I had fun making it though and I was able to hone my audacity skills so that was good. 
 
I recently finished watching The Walking Dead which means that I'm now up to the point where I have to wait for more episodes (or in this case, the next season). Season 3 was much more epic than season 2. Granted, watching grass grow would've been a much more riveting experience than The Walking Dead's second season but I really appreciated the heightened sense of urgency in these last 16 episodes. Everybody was infinitely more badass, especially Karl and Carol. That doesn't mean I've forgiven everyone for their stupid decisions though. Humans in this show are stupid. Why are you firing at each other? Why are you squabbling over territory? Why aren't you all working together to overcome the zombie apocalypse? WHY CAN'T YOU ALL BAKE A CAKE FILLED WITH RAINBOWS AND SMILES AND EVERYONE COULD EAT AND BE HAPPY???
 
Ahem.
 
Guys, I started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'd been meaning to start watching the series since last year but never got around to it (because Doctor Who and Game of Thrones monopolized my existence). I was actually really excited to start it. And then I watched the first episode and GUYS IT WAS SO PAINFUL.
 
Okay, so it wasn't terrible or anything but holy moly, everything was so campy! Those hairstyles! That technology! The (not very well executed) action! Dialogue (who even says "Jeepers!" anymore?! Lily from How I Met Your Mother! David Boreneaz from Bones! They look so young! It was like watching the beginning of the reboot of Doctor Who again. Everything was just so awkward. It made me laugh - that's for sure. I searched up the background of the first episode afterwards and found out that it got nominated for an Emmy for best makeup. That was just the cherry on top, seriously.
 
 
Isn't she adorable??
 
I've been told it gets better though. And Buffy has such a loyal, devoted fanbase - obviously there are some spectacular things in store for me right? Maybe this is just the awkward, prepubescent stage of the show and I just have to wait for its voice to stop cracking so I can get to the good stuff.
 
Okay, that came out wrong.
 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post