Day 2: Taiwan



2 comments
You just know your day is going to be awesome when you wake up to find that your left eye has swollen shut because a mosquito felt hungry in the middle of the night. Couple that with the fact that I have an unusually sensitive reaction to mozzie bites and you can imagine what I looked like the whole day. I looked like I was permanently winking at people and my left eyelid was swollen, puffy and weirdly translucent-ish/pink in colour. Mmhmm. I was totally attractive. (I shouldn't have laughed at you that time Nanc, this was karma coming back to bite me in the butt).

Okay, sarcasm aside, it actually wasn't that bad a day. I had fun and I wish I could blog about it but I currently also feel like I could drop dead any second. You guys can make do with pictures yeah?











While eating at this restaurant with some of my mum's old friends/relatives, I met one of the cutest grandpas ever. He sat next to me during lunch and tried to talk to me in Mandarin. Even though I can't speak it well, I can understand about 60% of it. I felt really bad though that the only thing I could do was say "dui" (right) and nod my head compulsively. He kept putting random bits of food into my bowl for me to eat, chatting to me really fast in mandarin and when he finally realized that I couldn't speak the language, he gave me a good-natured lecture about learning it. (At least I think that's what he was talking about. He kept repeating two words in English: "Chinese" and "Important"). Afterwards, my mum told me that he'd been in the army for almost his whole life and was now living off his pension.  















Purple peanut anyone?




I wrote something on the wall too but I won't tell you guys what it is. I was going to write our group's name there but I forgot what it was, LOL. Banjosect kept popping up in my mind but I knew that wasn't it. Can't believe I forgot it... I've been staring at the back of Juliana's jersey for almost the whole year...







2 comments:

Julianaa at: January 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM said...

HAHAHAHA SHAME CYNTHIA!!! LOOL :') cjstone. And omg,crazy rubiks cubes there HAHA it's good to see that your holiday doesnt seem as bad as you thought itd be HAHA :D

Cynthia at: January 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM said...

OHHHH so that's what it was... LOL whoops my bad. Yeah the holiday is fun but it feels like I've been here for so long when it's only been like 3 days. Don't know how I will survive in Vietnam though HAHA. Oh, and my sister bought a rubik's cube shaped like an apple.

Post a Comment

newer post older post