Day 8: Some River in Vietnam



0 comments
I miss being able to drink cold water without running the risk of catching a crippling stomach disease. I miss being able to cross the road without fearing for my life each time. I miss having clean surroundings. I miss being able to understand what everyone around me is saying. Above all, I miss having normal, sanitary plumbing instead of freakin' HOLES IN THE GODDAMN GROUND.

Which reminds me of a really, really strange fact I learnt in Taiwan. Compared to Vietnam, Taiwan is like Cleanliness Heaven, which is weird because in some places in Taiwan, they still use the "hole in the ground" as opposed to normal toilets. My mum asked a relative of her's who told her that the reason for this is because a lot of Taiwanese people believe that the hole in the ground is actually more sanitary than the toilet. Why? Because your butt does not come in direct contact with the toilet rim.

O-kaay... Whatever floats their boat I guess.

Anyway, back to my trip. Today is day 8 and we didn't actually do much to be honest. This might've been because we'd spent about 8 hours on the coach today just making our way to and from the destination. This is another one of those "cbf to blog" moments so I'm just going to upload photos again.





Rice paddies!


Click to enlarge












Sorry about the crap quality of these shots. My camera has a fear of dark places and tends to malfunction when encountering such locations. 








So basically the Jenolan caves - but in Vietnam.









...and then back to the Luxury-Mobile we go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post