How many trees have I killed?



0 comments
I think my university course overcompensates for its lack of contact hours by giving students 1,472,574 pages of readings to do each week. Besides killing off a couple of my highlighters and turning me into a tree murderer, it hasn't really accomplished much.


I look at these papers and all I see is material for making kusudama flowers.
 
It suppose it isn't 100% a waste of my time. After all, I do occasionally come across phrases such as this, and then my inner 15 year old gets an amusing chuckle out of it.
 
 
In other news, after about three years of procrastination, I've finally gotten around to reading Divergent.
 
 
 
I know, I never thought this day would come either. I think I should get an award or something.
 
I finally got around to reading it and . . . I'm not feeling the luuuurve. I guess I was expecting something on par with The Hunger Games (since everyone on Goodreads seems to recommend it on that basis) but I feel neither the excitement nor interest that'd gripped me when I was reading that series. The characters feel a bit bland and the writing is mediocre and rather formulaic. Of course, I'm only 42% of the way through and for all I know, the latter half of the book may be where shit gets real yo. We'll see. This is my first young adult book in about two years so maybe I just need more time to ease back in.
 
There are some images floating around on the net of the upcoming movie. Here they are, if anyone's interested:
 

And yes, that is Kate Winslet (I don't even know). 
 
Sources: here , here, here, here and here.
 
I recently got a new Kindle from Officeworks and I guess that's motivated me to read more. It's a little bit lighter than my Kobo e-reader but it doesn't respond to touch. Instead, it's got these little tabby things on the edges for turning pages. I don't mind it. The touch function on the Kobo annoyed the hell out of me anyway.
 
 
Look how sleek and sexy it is y'all!
 
All this talk of books has just reminded me that a new teaser trailer for the movie adaption of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy is premiering soon (sometime this week I believe). I didn't even know they were making a movie! I read somewhere that the director is the guy who made Mr Popper's Penguins which . . . well okay. That should be interesting.
 
To end this post, I just want to say that I found a new favourite vlogger on YouTube. His name is Troye Sivan, he's Australian and he had a role in one of the X-men movies. Like a lot of other people, it was his coming out video last week that caught my attention and even though I can't really relate to an experience like that, I still admire his bravery in doing such a thing. Plus, his videos are funny. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoL-MnXvK80
 
Okay that is all. Cynthia out!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post