Blogging Angst



0 comments
I don't understand why the language used in academic articles has to be so alienating. It's like they don't want us to understand what they're saying at all. Take this, for example:

The forming of publics, as a process of collectivization, could only take place against the background of a new form of privatization, however, that of self and subjectivity. Public spheres mediate between the state and private individuals, for Habermas, and as such they presuppose a private sphere and private subjectivity...
- From Nick Crossley's and Jon Michael Roberts' 'After Habermas: New Perspectives of the Public Sphere' (2004) 


Now you're just being mean.
 
I just love the fact that I'm paying more than 6k per year just to get my brain put through a blender.
 
To update you guys on my life, university is going okay. Public Relations is much better than Journalism, I will tentatively say. That still doesn't mean I like tertiary education though. I've made a promise to myself this semester to get involved in more things. I've been applying for a couple of internships/work experience opportunities and here's hoping that something will turn up.
 
I've put on my resume that I have "experience with blogging" but now I'm a little bit worried that the employers will ask for proof. Blogging for me has always been just a hobby. I don't do it with any work-related goals in mind. If I did, the content would be much more censored, there would be less gifs and I would be actively working the blogging community trying to follow more people. Pragmatic Cynthia is pushing me to be a bit more professional though. I'm just wondering whether professionalism = less honesty in my posts.
 
Speaking of social media, I finally caved and got a tumblr account (csreverie.tumblr.com). If you follow me, I'll definitely follow you back! I hope I use it though. I still have a very inactive twitter account, although that's probably attributed to the fact that twitter reminds me of journalism and journalism makes me want to crawl up into the fetal position and die.
 
Anyhow, hope everything's going well for you guys and that you're enjoying your second semester. But let's not kid ourselves. After all, it's uni.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post