Pre-University Post



0 comments
I've literally just spent the whole afternoon lying here staring at the clock, waiting for 5:45 to come around so I can go out to dinner with the girls. It's strange how, when I'm out, I wish I was at home doing other things but when I'm at home, I usually just end up lying on the couch imitating a comatose sloth.

Uni starts next week so I'm guessing there won't be any more couch-potato-ing for a long while. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Orientation this week was fine. I met a lot of people, joined a few clubs and got sufficiently lost on campus (yes, even at UTS I got lost). At the same time, the foreignness of it all made me realise how much I missed the group. I missed being around people who knew me. I missed being able to relax and enjoy the company of others without worrying about how I was perceived or whether they were judging me for being that poor asian chick from the Inner West. (Jokes, no one has actually judged me for that). Besides, there's only so many times you can say, "Hey I'm Cynthia. Nice to meet you..."

I'm still not sure what to expect from this course. There have been times during orientation when my drive to do communications has been reaffirmed and also times when I've looked around, considered how glamorous and worldly everyone else seems and then been swamped with the overwhelming urge to do a runner. It's a mental thing I have to get over. Hopefully university will beat it out of me. If not, Cabramatta could always do with more hobos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post