Benedict Cumberbatch's Face



0 comments
When I first started blogging on my old page back in '09, it seemed like every little thing that happened to me was worth writing about it and publishing on the internet. One of my earliest posts was about a horrible hairdresser who gave me the fugliest haircut ever and I remember having so much fun just ranting about the blow that she had dealt to my tender, teenage ego. I've realised that I no longer write posts like that; posts about little, everyday things that have a strong impact on me. Either I've grown less perceptive or my zest for blogging has somehow fizzled out along the way. I'm guessing it's the latter and that makes me feel a little bit sad.

Putting that aside (I'm not here to talk about sad things), my first uni orientation started a few days ago. It wasn't actually that bad to be honest - I met a lot of cool people and as the day wore on, I felt many of my fears about uni disappearing. I can be a very self-deprecating at times and I think some of that has seeped into my perception of myself. I'm really not as awkward as I make myself out to be LOL. Talking and chatting to people was fun - you just have to get past that first barrier of introducing yourself. It helps that everyone is kind of going through the same thing. I really should stop psyching myself up. It's a bad habit. I mean, I used to get anxious about calling customer service for my phone or doing menial tasks like ordering pizza. Actually, I still haven't fully gotten over my irrational fear of phone operators to be honest....

But enough about uni. It's still early one and I don't want to jinx anything by discussing it too much (knock on wood). I'm just going to copy Forrest Gump with, "And that's all I have to say about that."

What else has been happening in the Land of Cynthia? Oh right, I finished Sherlock. Season 2 was pretty good... I think. In true Cynthia fashion, I was battling my unhealthy attraction to Benedict Cumberbatch's face throughout all three episodes so I'm afraid I'm totally unqualified to talk about the quality of Season 2. (In my defence, he really does have an interesting face.) So instead of recapping anything, this picture will have to do:


One day I will stop being shallow... but that day is obviously not today.
 
Also, after a 1 and a half year hiatus from Downton Abbey, I've finally started watching Season 2. I did something really stupid though. I watched the 2011 Christmas Special, thinking that came after the finale of Season 1, only to find out that the special is supposed to come AFTER Season 2. Whoops. Spoilers alert! I basically found out everything that happened in Season 2 in the course of that episode. Somebody should've warned me. Then again, no one could have predicted the stupidity of my actions.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post