Period Poetry



0 comments


The organisation that I'm currently doing my internship at on Mondays and Tuesdays holds these monthly events called fastBREAK at the Powerhouse Museum. They usually involve 5 creative thinkers giving short talks about a given issue (there's a different one each month). Usually I would keep my work life and personal blog separate just because I don't want to risk anyone from my "professional" life stumbling across this embarassingly unprofessional ranty space. However, I'll make an exception this time because this particular talk from last month's event was too entertaining not to be shared. 

You only have to watch the first two and a half minutes. Her name is Tami Sussman and she's a spoken word artist giving a performance on menstruation. The piece is titled "Fuck Yeah, I'm Bleeding"  and it is hilariously confronting and unconventional. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post