Imagine This



0 comments
You ever been hit by a 200 ton, unstoppable elephant on rollerblades? Well that's kind of how I felt when I got that phone call at 4pm today.

So imagine that you've spent three weeks working on an assignment for university. Imagine that you've been spending all your available time calling up sources, arranging meetings, attending workshops and cross-checking your facts - facing possible rejection at every turn. Imagine that you've reached the end of the research phase and you're all set to start writing your article which by the way, is going to be worth 30% of your subject grade. Imagine that you're extremely nervous about this assignment because it would go towards your likelihood of making it into law next year.

NOW IMAGINE THAT YOU GET A PHONE CALL FROM YOUR MAIN SOURCE TELLING YOU THAT THEY'VE CHANGED THEIR MIND AND NO LONGER WANT YOU TO WRITE THE STORY. IMAGINE THAT YOU ARE FACING THE POSSIBILITY OF STARTING EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH AGAIN WITH THE DEADLINE ONLY 5-6 DAYS AWAY. IMAGINE SPENDING A WHOLE TRAIN RIDE ALONE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS, WALLOWING AND TRYING TO HOLD EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND FEELING LIKE IT WAS ALL SLIPPING AWAY FROM YOU.

You know that scene in Mean Girls where Regina gets hit by the bus? Guess who feels like Regina in this case?

Thank god I've got some really supportive uni friends to rant to. Thank god I've got my girlies and whatsapp. I seriously don't know what I would be doing if I had to get through this on my own.

P.S. Fiona, I totally agree. We need to find a day to hang out and just chat about life, careers and other depressing things.

P.P.S. Annie, I got your message :) Thanks for the support! It really made my day (although it wasn't long before my day kind of went downhill haha). I miss hanging out with you and chatting! We need to catch up as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post