A Strangely Accurate Horoscope



0 comments
I was flipping through The Daily Telegraph in order to become more "educated" and shit for this journalism course I'm doing when I came across a strangely accurate horoscope. Everyone knows these things are bullshit and that the people who write them are severely underpaid journalists but despite that, I thought this one was worth mentioning:

"We define ourselves by where we come from, what we do and to whom we belong - and by our tastes, preferences, hobbies and habits... yet a lot of this can change. None of us can be really sure who we truly are. It's that very sense of uncertainty that makes us so keen to cling to whatever seems permanent. Something (or someone) is changing. In so far as you have drawn some sense of identity from this, you are feeling insecure. Truly though, you're finding yourself, not losing yourself. And that's wonderful."

Maybe it was because I spent last night having dinner with my girlies from Canley and realizing how much I missed the stability and warmth of high school that I found this quote really relevant. It's true - university is very different and sometimes quite lonely. The past few weeks have really made me question what type of person I am and what I really want to do with the rest of my life. It is so strange. In high school, I knew who I was and (I thought) I knew what I wanted to do. But uni has really thrown me off course and now I'm so unsure about everything. I even found myself enjoying tutoring last week because it was a familiar environment to me, with familiar people who I could talk to. Perhaps I am just trying to find myself, although at this point in time, it feels more like I'm losing Cynthia than finding her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post