Timetable for Semester 2



0 comments
So apparently, this is my semester 2 timetable:

 I posted this up on facebook and everyone started telling me how sick it was. I can see why they said that. I mean, I only have to go to uni for ONE day. Sure, it's a nine hour day but at least I don't have to waste hours travelling there and back right? (Take that Shittyrail!)

But then I thought about it some more and being the glass-half-empty person that I am, I managed to come up with a whole list of downsides:

  1. No breaks. It's literally nine hours of non stop lectures and tutorials with zero breaks. How am I going to eat? Do I even have time to buy food? How will I survive??
  2. No socializing. I realized that all good friends I've managed to make this semester were people I hung out with during the breaks. Sure you can chat during tutorials but nothing beats chilling out on the "green space" behind tower building 1 after every sucky journalism lecture. And especially in a course like mine; if you don't spend the time getting to know people in your breaks it's very hard making actual friends. Who's going to listen to me complain about my lack of direction in life? Who's going to debate Lord of the Rings with me? WHO?
  3. Getting home at 7 pm.
  4. Getting group projects done. My assignment groups usually meet during breaks and after lectures or tutorials. If I have to catch a train to the city on a day that's not Thursday, just to work on something for an hour, imma punch a cat.
  5. No hanging out with the USYD-ers. Before I left highschool, I was always joking with Nancy about sneaking into USYD and just hanging out with all the Canley Vale-ers. I didn't get to do that this semester because of timetable clashes and it seems like I won't be able to do it next semester either. The fates are against us. USYD hates me.
The good side obviously is that I'll have much more time to do other stuff (assuming I don't get swamped with assignments and homework). I'm thinking that this is a great time to start doing some internships. The problem however, is that I don't think anyone will take me on - especially since I'll be doing pub comm for the first time next semester. Well, I'll overcome that hurdle when I get to it. Here's another list - this time of the goals I've set myself for next semester:

  • Get an internship or work experience
  • Do regular exercise (psssshhh)
  • Learn a computer based skill - something like photoshop. I don't know, I'll figure it out.
  • Get more involved in university clubs
  • Visit teachers at Canley (finally)
  • Start ANOTHER blog and try to keep the life dramas to a minimum
  • Learn how to order coffee. I feel like I've already failed communications because everyone but me knows how to drink that stuff.
  • FIGURE OUT WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE OMG

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post