It's ALIVE!!!



2 comments
That's right. After my 4 week hiatus from blogspot, in which I posted nothing but the odd youtube video now and again, my new blog is FINALLY up and running(ish). Hooray! Whoop-de-doo! Praaaiiise the Lord!



Okay no, stop celebrating. Knowing me and my commitment issues, it will be a miracle if this blog even lasts longer than a week before I go crawling back to www.cynthias-reveries.blogspot.com. I can't help it you know. A certified doctor once classified me as "resistant to change". He wasn't a very good doctor and even I could have come up with that deduction but still.

Enough about my wishy-washiness though. You guys want to hear something tragic instead? No? Well I'll tell you anyway. I was this close *holds up fingers 1cm apart* to naming this blog "C's Reality".

Yes.

I am serious.

C's Reality.

See, I was thinking that since my high school blog of four years was named "C's Reverie", it was only logical that my post high school blog became "C's Reality". I then had a hallelujah moment and realised what a bloody terrible idea it was which is why you guys are now on www.ablibberinghumdinger.blogspot.com. I am still not 100% happy with the blog title/url but it was either that or waste another three hours of my life coming up with something better. If I do end up changing the url though, I'll tell you guys in advance. (I also considered "Oh My Blog" and "Honey Boo Boo Child" as other possible blog titles but sadly, those were already taken).

Speaking of wasting time, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY FINDING A DECENT TEMPLATE IN THIS TIME AND AGE IS SO HARD. It was almost as hard as formal-dress shopping. Almost. I mean, who NEEDS a rotating header? NOBODY needs a rotating header. I certainly don't need a rotating header. Do YOU need a rotating header???

Anyway, in the weeks I've been gone, so much has happened. I would like to blog about it all but 1) I don't have the patience to do that and 2) I doubt you have the patience to read it all. I will make a list though. Lists are good. I like lists.

So:
  • I got a job
  • I got my first paycheck
  • I realised that I must have been a scrooge in my past life because even though I have money now, I can't bear spending any of it. This probably comes from me having been such a poor person for the majority of my life.... Or maybe I'm just stingy.
  • I experienced the most scarring, traumatic experience of my life and surprisingly it wasn't even from something depraved that I read or watched. It came at the hands of a couple of Year 9 students. I can't talk about it here. The pain is too fresh.
  • I had fun with the girls. Okay that sounds wrong.
  • I met a creep at the park.
  • I had my first alcohol shots and they tasted like ass.
  • I checked my kobo e-reader and it told me that I'd spent about about 723.8 hours reading on it. I don't even remember when I got the device. Maybe 6 or 7 months ago.
  • I tried watching Once Upon a Time Season 2 and got bored
  • I tried watching Game of Thrones Season 2 and got bored
  • I watched thirteen episodes of New Girl and got bored
  • I watched 2 and a half seasons of True Blood and got bored
  • Anything I tried to watch, I basically got bored of
  • After living near Cabra for 18 years of my life, I finally realized where I could get pork rolls
  • I realized that the HSC made for a very good weight-loss program
  • I rediscovered my love for Ed Sheeran
There's more but I can't remember.

Anyhow, I think I'll stop here. I'll leave you guys with a song which Nancy recommended to me. And when it comes to Lana Del Rey, Nancy has good taste.



P.S. If anyone's still confused about the title of the blog, it comes from one of my favourite Luna moments in the last HP book:

After a while, exhausted and drained, Harry found himself sitting on a bench beside Luna.

"I'd want some peace and quiet, if it were me," she said.

"I'd love some," he replied.

"I'll distract them all," she said. "Use your Cloack."

And before he could say a word she had cried, "Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" and pointed out of the window. Everyone who heard looked around, and Harry slid the Cloak up over himself, and got to his feet.

You gotta love Luna.

2 comments:

Annie at: December 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM said...

CYNTHIA. That feeling of the money being spent. I know that feeling. HAHAHA And also, try watching Grimm - it's so good! And Ed Sheeran. My gosh. <3 Happy holidays! :3 <3

Cynthia at: December 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM said...

AHAHA YES! I'm not the only one! We are such poor people at heart. LOL. I was thinking of watching Grimm as well (and also The Walking Dead). And yes, Ed Sheeran is all sorts of awesome. Hope your holidays are going well too! <3<3<3

Post a Comment

newer post