Don't You Forget About Me



0 comments

So guys, apparently I'm going overseas tonight:


Yep. I'll be gone for about 2 weeks and during that time, I'll be spending 4 days in Taiwan and the rest in Vietnam. Taiwan, I'm okay with - Vietnam, not so much. It's not that I don't like Vietnam. It's just that my first world ass can only handle so much congestion and air pollution before I keel over and die. It was certainly... an experience... the first time I went. But apparently, this time we'll be spending a lot more time in the country (as opposed to the cities) so maybe it will be better? Or maybe you will never hear from me again because I've somehow managed to drown myself in a rice paddy. Who knows? It seems like something I would do.

I'm still not sure whether I will blog about my adventures or not. If I'm really bored, maybe I will. I remember spending a significant amount of time languishing in the hotel rooms the last time I was in Vietnam so you never know. To be honest though, I'm not a very good travel blogger. To anyone who might've read my (old) blog back in '09 or 2010 when I took a trip to the US, half of my posts were dedicated to taking pictures of squirrels and fire hydrants. Actually, if you go to my old blog and click on the tag in the label cloud that says "America" you can probably see what I got up to. Just be warned though, my style of blogging back then would probably make you cringe.

I've been a bit lax with my blogging lately. Sorry guys, I always seem to have something better to do. Plus, my Christmas was relatively quiet. I went to a few parties - two of which were family gatherings and the third was like a new friend's bbq. I didn't take many photos (reason number 658 why I would make a shit travel blogger) but what I do have, I'll upload here.



My sister made the pavlova. It collapsed but it still tasted pretty good. I have quite a funny story about the family gathering actually but maybe I'll leave that to another time.

I also went post-Christmas shopping at Castle Towers and bought heaps of clothes. Also, since my old wallet looked like this:


 I figured it was about time I got an upgrade:



 And then my inner geek reared its ugly head and I ended up coming out of EB games with this:


Don't judge me guys - don't judge me.
 
Lastly, one of the biggest highlights of my last three days came from simply spending time with NASTY C (minus the A). Every night at about 9pm, all five of us would head on over to Tian's house, roll out her giant sofa bed, pile on all the pillows, turn off the lights and watch a Lord of the Rings movie together. Even though it was basically just us watching a movie together, it was so fun. We tried to order pizza one night but couldn't be bothered paying the 10 bucks delivery fee so we defrosted one of Tian's. I love spending time with those guys. Combine that with getting the chance to introduce some of them to one of the greatest movie trilogies ever made and it was like one of the best things ever. I've missed being able to do things like this during the HSC year.  
 
Anyhoo, I've still got a bit of packing to do so I think I'll just leave you guys with a song from The Breakfast Club. It's not the original '80s version but it's still pretty good. Plus it fits the theme of this post! See you around guys! Here's to hoping I really don't end up drowning in a rice paddy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post