The Quest for the Lace Up Belt



0 comments


Do you know how much trouble and humiliation I endured to get this belt? Well let me tell you about it.

I was at the city today, catching up with some journalism friends who I hadn't seen in a while. And since I was at the city, I decided to do a bit of Halloween costume shopping. My best bet was probably Paddy's Market and sure enough, I came across quite a significant number of stalls selling lace up belts. The only problem? *whispers* They were all slutty costume stalls.

Do you know which ones I'm talking about? I'm sure you do. They're the stalls which sell the 'sexy schoolgirl' and 'medieval pub wench' costumes. There are also some really weird, uncomfortable-looking, lingerie pieces just boldly hanging at the front all like, "Hey, look at me, I'm a red stringy, bedazzled thong-thing".

Okay, I probably sound like such a prude right now. But seriously. The moment you walk into these shops, you get judged. There were people walking past just leering at the shoppers inside. Also, when the lady was testing the fit of the belt on me, a couple of prepubescent teen boys walked in and started pointing and laughing at all the costumes. Yeah, it was fun...

Anyway, I did end up getting the belt at a cheaper price than I would've gotten in a retail store (I bargained for it) so I  suppose it was worth it. And if anyone's still looking for costumes, try Paddy' market. Just be prepared to endure some humiliation if you really want to get the good stuff...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post