The Halloween Party



0 comments
It makes me happy that people had fun at our party. Part of me was a little bit afraid that after all that planning and sacrificing of assignment time, our party would suck, people would be bored and we would be left with heaps of debt. In the end, we didn't get all the money back but it's okay cause Nancy and I are willing to split the cost.

I really liked all the costumes! (Bobina, if you're reading this, my sister and parents thought your costume was the best.) I wanted to nominate so many people for the best costume categories but it wasn't possible and people were getting rowdy anyway (which was to be expected).

So highlights for me were:

  • The dance floor. If we ever do this again, I think I've got some lights we could use for inside
  • Giving people toffee apples and seeing them smile
  • Watching people eat a 'spoonful' of vegemite
  • People using our decorations in their photos! It seemed like no one really appreciated the decorations but seeing them appear in photos is enough for me. Thanks again Juliana for your bat-mobile. (Geddit??)
  • People using the projector - I seriously thought no one was going to bother with it
Lowlights:

  • Washing vomit off the front porch and steps. Fun fun fun fun. Why couldn't you have aimed a metre to the left?
  • Not eating any of the food Tian made. Except for half a wand. Actually during the whole night, I ate: 1 slice of pizza, half a cupcake and half a wand.
  • Waiting for people to leave up until 1:30pm. Actually I didn't really mind doing this but I was just really tired.
  • Clean up duty. Although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be tbh.
  • Not being able to get a group photo... with all 70+ of our guests. Okay that probably would've been impossible anyway.
Anyway, we should totes make this a yearly thing... and get more people on the team to help out as well.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post