My Five Seconds of Fame That I Almost Didn't Realize I Had



0 comments
Hey guys, a thing happened.

About this time last year, I blogged about a book called Sins & Needles by Canadian author Karina Halle. If you don't remember, here's the actual blog post and this is what the book looks like:


At that time, the book had just come out and I didn't know the whole series would end up becoming a USA Today bestseller. I blogged about it like how I normally blog about most things: with really terrible, cringeworthy analogies, word vomiting and a liberal amount of gif usage. I expected a maximum number of 6 people to read my review. You guys know who you are, my oh so lovely blogging friends.

Then today, whilst recommending the book to Jess and Nancy, I tried to google my old review to harrass them with my favourite quotes.

And then I found this:


...which led to this:


Which led to an embarassingly prolonged moment of fangirlism for me.

I mean, shit brah, it's KARINA HALLE - author of the "Experiment in Terror" series - a series which I spent a whole week devouring in my house at the expense of all possible efforts of human contact from my friends. (not that that's anything new to be honest).

I told my sister about it and she just laughed at me and said that celebrities tweeted her all the time. And I guess when you step back and think about it, it really isn't that big of a deal. But I honestly never expected anyone to read this blog, let alone an author whose work I so deeply admire. It made me happy....for a little while....

And then I realised that she posted this a year ago and I'd missed a golden opportunity to schmooze myself into her exclusive literary circle. Cries. Classic Cynthia fail guys, classic Cynthia fail.

P.S. Also, I did a quick reread of my original review and OMFG I just want to shoot myself in the face. The post was rife with sentences such as this:

So... I went in expecting a fluff read. (Because that is all I ever read - duh.) Don't get me wrong, the cover is great and all but it doesn't exactly scream, "INTELLECTUAL MATERIAL THAT WILL EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS" does it? 
Karina Halle read this. Karina Halle knows that I think her cover is trashy. Oh my god, what do I even do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post